Couples and Family Therapy requires a unique set of skills on the part of the Therapist. I am a trained and certified Couples and Family Therapist, and I have completed a two-year intensive post-graduate training program through the University of Pennsylvania.
I use Systems Theory when I work with couples and families. This means that my focus is on understanding the system, no matter how many people are involved. I also utilize my intensive training in working with individuals to understand how each individual participates in their system.
I offer a unique set of skills that comes from my training as a Psychoanalyst and a Couples and Family Therapist.
When you come in with your partner you can:
- Have a one session Consultation where you will leave understanding the systemic problems in your relationship.
- Go the next step of having a more comprehensive evaluation of your relationship. This evaluation consists of three more sessions; Individual sessions for each partner and a third session to discuss my recommendations with both partners.
- If further Couple’s sessions are recommended, you and your partner can decide if you would like to continue.
Whether you choose a single consultation or ongoing Couples Therapy, you will leave with a clearer understanding of the issues in your relationship.
Sometimes Couples Therapy is not indicated for a variety of reasons. After our Consultation, I will be better able to advise you and your partner on how to proceed for the best results.
Benefits of Couples Therapy
- Enhanced Communication
- Identifying your Unconscious Contract (the deeper attraction)
- Answers to the ‘Should I Stay or Should I Go Syndrome’
- Pre-Marital and Pre-Commitment Counseling
If you are interested in Family Therapy, we begin with the adult(s) in the family. After the 30 minute consultation, I will recommend next steps.